Her for You


I am trading eyelash shadows
For beautiful bare lips.

I am trading in the miniskirt and boots,
for the pair of perfectly white converse
and calloused fingertips. 

I’m trading in the beautiful buzzed, 
for the beautiful curls.

I am trading in the “oh honeys” 
and “wow, okay, hi's” 
and “actually I’m on a date” 
and “I’m sorry I should have told you the truth” 
and “I’m sorry, what were you saying?”
and “I work every day this week including doubles”
and "how can I un-salt the earth that I have already salted?"

For 

“I’m crazy about you” 
And “I just want you to be comfortable” 
And “where did you come from?” 
And “I can’t wait to see you”
And “Are we crazy?”
And “I can hardly stand to look at you, you’re so beautiful” 
And “I want to show you every day that you deserve the world"

And let me tell you, 
it’s not a trade at all...

It's an upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment