Moon number 8

You
 are the moon.

 I tied a lasso,
 to catch you.
 Pull you close to me.

So close,
 tsunamis crash,
and nearly kill me.

You
rise the tide in me.
Rip me from the comfort
of my shores, into the depths of your passion.

You
are the melody I have been hearing since I was 5.
The one I heard
when I saw your curls bounce against your shoulders
and light shined through the strands.

I couldn’t name the tune
until I saw you.
When I heard your voice,
I knew.

You
are the song I have been humming
under my breath,
on the way to the car
to a scoop of my favorite ice cream with my mom.

You
are the natural disaster
that I have been reading about
in the papers;
on all the websites.

Destroy me.

I’ve been preparing for this moment
my whole life.

I want to be crushed
by the weight of your love,

Until I am one with the earth.

And what an honor
 that would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment