A True Christmas Story

 A year has past since the event, today is the anniversary of your departure
                         from my heart.
    Silence. Heartbreak.
Like the sound of glass shattering, my ears fill with an echoed Revelation.
It's Broken.
Shards spread all over the floor. The crystals in the cracks of my heart.
             I can feel them when I breath
A sigh escapes my lips and disappears in this empty room.
              Like a misguided child, my thoughts wonder around my temple, trapped  in this cage of angst.
I miss the feeling of your warm arms around me and your heart beat.
                     The security. The safety.

                                This holiday plays a cold reminder of those days I lost my sense of well being.
Drowning in the sorrow of how things were, I can't help but look away from the future.
                           With every day that passes
                            I know you less and less.

                                  Even with the world around me, I'm alone in my mind.
It breaks my heart knowing you are broken.
It Breaks my heart being torn aside.
I will learn to embrace this way of life you have chosen. I will  learn to ignite the passion inside to overcome.

but for now
I miss you.
Dad,
                 Is it still you in there?

Written December 9, 2010 at 4:17pm

No comments:

Post a Comment